Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy new year!











I have been such a bad mommy blogger!!! I can blame it on my camera misbehaving.... All of our Christmas - New Year photos are still stuck in it... long story!

But before I forget too many details I wanted to post some things about Blake and Elizabeth!

They are both growing so fast!

We had an amazing Christmas and were spoiled totally. Above you can at least see a few pics taken by Aunt Annie and Uncle Kyle.

In other news- Blake had his four month check up (last month!) and is doing great. He was 14 and a half pounds, and his weight and length are in the 50th percentile. Meanwhile, his little head (and brain!) are growing, and are in the 75th percentile.

He is still such a smiley baby at age 5 months and is completely adored by all of us, especially his big sister. It is so amazing to see how much they really love each other --- He lights up when she comes in the room, and especially when she plays with him.

He's been rolling over and over and over, and even doing some "army crawling." I have a feeling he is going to be an active, active toddler! I will need to bring out the baby gates again very soon, I am sure.

He's also been teething like crazy, going through at least 4-5 bibs every day! Still - no tooth yet!!!

Oh - and breaking news! Little guy just started eating "solids" as of last week (at age 5 mos, one week). We've noticed him staring longingly at our dinner plates, and decided to try something solid to see how he'd react. It turns out that he LOVES oatmeal cereal! He gobbled down his first bowl (photos to come!) and looked hungry for more. He still loves his bottles, but enjoys a small bowl of cereal each day. Now only if it would help him sleep through the night a little more often :-)

Elizabeth has been maturing a lot too, at almost age 3 and a half. She's been asking lots of spiritual questions lately, and saying the prayers for our meals and at bedtime, which are often hilarious. I need to write them down before I forget! Most of her little prayers are so sweet and heartfelt though, "Thank you for the cross, Thank you for Jesus." Can you hear the sound of my heart melting? She is such a sweet, spirited girl!

I promise to figure out my camera issues so I can post more photos soon!!