Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy belated Mother's Day

Happy belated Mother's Day to all of our family, friends and readers, especially to our moms, grandmothers and Elizabeth's birth mom.

Our moms and grandmoms have taught us so much:

My mom, Susan: thank you for teaching me to love God, to love reading and writing, to always send a thank you note, how to be a loyal wife and mom and that family always comes first. There are too many other 'lessons' that I could include here! And probably still some I need to learn.

To my "mother in love," Robbie: Thank you for raising such terrific three sons, my favorite of course being Justin. Unlike some people I know, I have no 'mother in law' horror stories to share!

To our grandmothers, Jean, Gladys and Joanne- thank you for your wisdom, spoiling us as children, your sense of humor (all of them have a great sense of humor!) and sharing all of those wonderful family stories. My other grandma, Janet, passed away when I was much younger, but I remember her from photos and stories, and my parents think I resemble her.

To Tracy, Elizabeth's first mother, the one who gave her life, carried her for nine months and chose us to be Elizabeth's parents: We love you! Certainly it was God who brought us all together that day in Kansas...Thank you for making me a mom.

To the ladies who have been 'spiritual mothers' to me in the past...Dena and others who mentored me at church through my teen years. I still recall some of your godly advice, believe it or not!

And finally, to my girlfriends who are moms...You all are awesome moms and are making a difference each day, whether you see it or not!

What would we all do without our precious moms?

Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all got treated to a special day!

With much love and gratitude,
Gretchen, Justin, and Elizabeth