Dear Elizabeth Jean,
You turned one year old today. How did we ever get to be so blessed? And how exactly does a year go by so quickly??
365 days ago today we were in a hospital room in Wichita, just staring at you, feeling like it was a total dream, and that it would all be over soon. I could hardly sleep that night, fearing that if I didn't watch you every second that you could stop breathing. And, you were a very loud sleeper!
This year has gone by so fast! I have missed some of my former co-workers, but you, Elizabeth Jean, have been my best 'boss' ever, if not the most demanding. Definitely my cutest boss ever. It is a joy to stay at home with you.
Since this is sort of my online babybook, I'll record some of your newest activities and favorites, at one year old.
Favorite foods: blueberries, sweet potatoes and bananas. You do the "more" sign quite urgently for those blueberries and got very mad at dinner tonight when they were all gone!
Most frequent words are DUCK, dog (or DAWG, as they say here in GA), baby, mama, daddy/dada, ME.
Favorite book, at the moment: Pat the Bunny
Dislikes: You currently HATE getting your diaper changed, and will run around naked if I don't find something captivating for you to look at while I try to change you as quickly as possible.
Favorite toys: You love your baby dolls, and tried to give one of them a drink of your bottle today. Today you also made the "mwah mwah" sound when you were giving one of your dolls a kiss. You are such a little GIRL, and we love it!
We are forever blessed that the Lord brought you into our forever family.
It is such an honor and joy to be your mommy and daddy. We love you, precious girl.