Yesterday we were at the pediatrician bright and early for Elizabeth's second month check-up. We were the first appointment of the day and got to the office just as they were opening up (a first!) It was nice not to have to wait in the waiting room.
This was also the day of the first vaccinations. We were NOT looking forward to this at all! Elizabeth was a little trooper while the nurses did the shots. She actually had two nurses "working" on her at the same time. I thought she would have to have four separate shots, but the nurses actually each took a leg, counted down and they each did a shot at the same time. So it "halved" the time that Elizabeth felt the shots.
It was SO sad seeing her face go from a normal expression to one of pain and outrage. She cried and then I had some big tears as well. I think Justin was the only who didn't cry! Fortunately her pacifier helped calm her down as we dressed her and left the office.
Elizabeth was exhausted after being weighed, poked, prodded and then immunized. She really didn't like being weighed naked- who wouldn't?! I think that alone wore her out, even before the nurses came in to do the shots.
After the appointment, we came home and gave Elizabeth a bottle (we gave her the infant drops tylenol while we were still at the doctor's office!), rocked her, and she slept for quite a while in her swing.
She is doing much better today although I can tell she is still a little tired from all of yesterday's activity.
Oh, the "fun" news of yesterday. Elizabeth is now 12 pounds, 11 ounces, which puts her in the 90th percentile of weight! I guess Similac Organic does a body good! Her head is 40 cm circumference, and she is 22.5 inches long.
Her doctor pronounced her "great" which doesn't surprise us at all :-)