Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sweet thoughts from Elizabeth during Easter...

Before I forget....I thought I would write down some sweet things from Elizabeth...at age three and a half.

She has been learning all about Easter in our church's children's program every Sunday, and it has been so sweet to see her little heart and mind captivated. And of course, we read a Bible story every night before bed, and have been focusing on Jesus and the Easter story in the weeks beforehand.

All of this has culminated into the most interesting little comments and quotations....

Several times, usually while we're driving, she has said something that surprised us: "My heart has been broken.... I need God to heal my heart.... I want to give God my heart!"

And then the story of Jesus on the cross has deeply impacted her....For example....

When observing Uncle Sean helping Daddy repair a few areas on our deck she said "Those nails are like the ones in Jesus' hands."

And at odd times through the day she will say (in a loud whisper), "Mama, Jesus is alive!! He's alive!!"

And a few times, "I see Jesus on a cloud!" (after reading the Transfiguration story)

On a lighter note, she's been running around the house yelling "Hosanna!" at the top of her lungs.

She is such a sweet, sensitive little girl (with a very loud voice, I might add! LOL. I can't wait for her to join children's choir)

In other news- her other new hobby has been playing children's educational games on pbskids.org (which she pronounces as Dot- ORCK!") We have to limit her "screen time," or she would be solving math problems all day long! Smile.

We never know what she will say or think. This much is for sure- she has an amazing memory and will never let us forget anything promised her!